cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Convert LWAPP to Autonomous (can't input archive download... command)

iskoy.istem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to convert an LWAPP to autonomous but I can't. On the privilege mode of the LWAPP AP, i am trying to input the command below, but it is not recognized. please advice on this. thanks!

archive download-sw/overwrite/force-reload tftp://<IP address of the  TFTP server>//<image>

8 Replies 8

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

You can't convert it back to IOS via that method, at least I've never seen that work before! -edit- So I just checked that method is possible, did you enter it in exactly how you did in your posts? This is the proper formatting for the command:

archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp:///

I would recommend to use the WLC CLI with the following command:

config ap    

As i have remembered, i did it before but that was fresh from the factory lwapp ap. i think i have to reset it to factory default. hahahaha! thanks bro!

Yeah you might be locked out from the archive command once it's on a WLC, if it's attached to a WLC the tftp-downgrade command will work though.

yes blake, i may have locked out. ill try to downgrade it from the controller. thanks!

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by default you don't have access to all of the commands when an ap is in CUWN mode.

Debug capwap con cli. Should allow you to use the archive command, and convert the ap to IOS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

ill try this step. i havent inputted the 'debug capwap con cli' on my attempts. ill let you know when it works. thanks!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

The link above, by far, is the easiest way to convert LWAP/CAPWAP to autonomous. 

18091988n
Level 1
Level 1

hi! you may also try this:

http://curtissmith.posterous.com/installing-ios-on-a-cisco-ap-from-the-bootloa

- it was the only thing that helped me!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card