Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot login using Iphone/Ipad cisco WLC 4404 and WISM ver 7.0.240

Logs on WLC

*apfReceiveTask: Feb 05 16:56:20.132: %MM-1-ANCHOR_UNAVAILABLE: mm_mobile.c:2442 All export anchors are down. Cannot anchor the client.8c:fa:ba:c5:1d:69

*dot1xMsgTask: Feb 05 16:56:02.929: %DOT1X-3-MAX_EAP_RETRANS: 1x_ptsm.c:463 Max EAP retransmissions exceeded for client 8c:fa:ba:c5:1d:69

*dot1xMsgTask: Feb 05 16:55:55.129: %DOT1X-3-MAX_EAP_RETRANS: 1x_ptsm.c:463 Max EAP retransmissions exceeded for client 8c:fa:ba:c5:1d:69

*dot1xMsgTask: Feb 05 16:55:47.329: %DOT1X-3-MAX_EAP_RETRANS: 1x_ptsm.c:463 Max EAP retransmissions exceeded for client 8c:fa:ba:c5:1d:69

Issues resolves after rebooting the devices. Please advise on this

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Cannot login using Iphone/Ipad cisco WLC 4404 and WISM ver 7.0.2

Here is the info for that error.... the error states an issue with the connectivity between the foreigh and the anchor wlc.

Error Message    %MM-1-ANCHOR_UNAVAILABLE: All export anchors are down. Cannot anchor 
the client.[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex] 

Explanation    No export anchors are up to anchor the client. A loss of network connectivity has occurred between the WLC and the export anchors for this WLAN.

Recommended Action    Debug the network and the status of the anchors for connectivity issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/sysmessage/guide/mirror_mm_mmc_7_0_msgs16.html

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
5 REPLIES

Re: Cannot login using Iphone/Ipad cisco WLC 4404 and WISM ver 7

I would think that this would affect all devices since a reboot seemed to of fixed your issue. It's hard to say what was the cause since you rebooted the WLC. It seems like you are anchoring which could of meant that maybe the mobility was down.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your fast response. We did not reboot the WLC. We just reboot the end user device.

Thanks

Well... it possibly an iPhone/iPad issue... i have to reboot my iPad almost daily, my wife's iPad is fine and my iPhone, once in a while.  All because it will fail to connect to any SSID.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. Just one last question

after 3x     DOT1X-3-MAX_EAP_RETRANS I get  MM-1-ANCHOR_UNAVAILABLE any reason for anchor not available message for the same client? Please advice

Here is the info for that error.... the error states an issue with the connectivity between the foreigh and the anchor wlc.

Error Message    %MM-1-ANCHOR_UNAVAILABLE: All export anchors are down. Cannot anchor 
the client.[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex] 

Explanation    No export anchors are up to anchor the client. A loss of network connectivity has occurred between the WLC and the export anchors for this WLAN.

Recommended Action    Debug the network and the status of the anchors for connectivity issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/sysmessage/guide/mirror_mm_mmc_7_0_msgs16.html

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content