cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAP 1602I with CT2504

Debudas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have cap 1602i and ct2405, i have configure everything, clients are getting signal also, but connection is showing " limited access" , and unable to ping the controller address, so please anyone suggest me what should i do ?

Thanks

Debabrata

7 Replies 7

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

What is doing the DHCP for that Vlan?

The SSID is using the management interface on the controller so presumably that subnet/vlan has DHCP setup?

Debudas123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.... i don't want to use DHCP... i have assign static ip in all clients..

thanks

debu

Can you show me the config for the management interface on the controller?

in the initial configuration, there is an option to enable the use of static ip address. have you done that

also disable the dhcp address assignment required checkbox

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue may be because of guest users.Guest users are third-party network users, who needs limited access to the network resources and internet connectivity. WLC provides wireless and wired guest access using the existing wireless network infrastructure. Usually a separate SSID is provided for wireless guest users. Guest users on both the wired and wireless networks are assigned a separate VLANs, which provides isolation of guest traffic from the rest of the data traffic.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Please refer to the client Issues and IP issues from below tshoot

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/107585-client-con.html#topic3

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

May be client has not received the IP address from DHCP... and hence limited access.

until and unless client has the IP address it wont ping the management vlan.. also to ping both should be in same vlan or routing should be enabled..

there is some issue in configuration .. please check that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card