Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1602E-A-K9 regulatory domain not supported

Hi friends,

I am from India, I have 5508 controller country code IN.recently  I buy new access point that is product code AIR-CAP1602E-A-K9. AP has been joined the controller successfully, but radio shows a/n network mode down. Other Access point working fine. Working Access Point Product code is AIR-CAP1602-N-K9. Should I replace the AP or change the country code of my WLC. In the WLC it's showing a/n not supported. b/g/n supported. If I change the country code of my WLC Is there any impact to my wireless network. I have MSE 3355 & PI also.Please help me on this ASAP.....Thanks in Advance.

For more understanding please refer the attached print-screen. 

WLC firmware code: 7.4.100.0

MSE Firmware Code : 7.4.100.0

PI : 1.3

Regards,

Rahul Wankhade

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I won't work.  You have but

It won't work.  You have but two choices: 

1.  Return the AP (with the wrong Regulatory Domain) to the vendor and ask them politely if you can return and exchange for the one with the correct Regulatory Domain; or

2.  Run the AP in autonomous IOS.

Dear Leo, Can I add new

Dear Leo,

Can I add new country code in my WLC for this Access Point only. -A.

Thanks for revert...

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Can I add new country code in

Can I add new country code in my WLC for this Access Point only. -A.

Won't do you any good.  You enable -A and -N on your controller, guess what?  802.11a will still be down.  

If you do this, then 802.11a radio will always be disabled because Regulatory Domain for "-A" and "-N" are in conflict with 802.11a therefore this radio will be disabled.  

You aren't the first and you won't be the last.  I will repeat again your two options:  

1.  Return the AP (with the wrong Regulatory Domain) to the vendor and ask them politely if you can return and exchange for the one with the correct Regulatory Domain; or

2.  Run the AP in autonomous IOS.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

If I change the country code

If I change the country code of my WLC Is there any impact to my wireless network.

If you do this, then 802.11a radio will always be disabled because Regulatory Domain for "-A" and "-N" are in conflict with 802.11a therefore this radio will be disabled.  

802.11b are in agreement with both Regulatory Domain so 802.11b radio is enabled.

Hi Rahul, We must always

Hi Rahul,

We must always check Country code on APs. Each and every country has different regulatory body and they allow different channels , specially on 5GHz.

Country code A is for US

Country code N is for India.

Running wrong country code is illegal as well.

I would suggest to choose the correct AP based on the Country code.

Thanks and regards,

Manas Pratap Singh

Thanks Manas for your help..

Thanks Manas for your help...

I am going to replace the wrong Access Point.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content