Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cdp on Dot11Radio not working?

Hello community,

On a Wireless LAN controller you can go under Wireless -> Access Point -> Interfaces -> Radio Interfaces and there activate cdp on the radio interface.

Even on the Advanced tab "Cisco Discovery Protocol" is enabled for me....

I checked the configuration too. To uncheck cdp on a radio interace modifies the configuration in the parts:

interface Dot11RadioX

no cdp enable

So, this line is gone while I am enabling cdp on the radio interface. I can now expect to see cdp packets while i am associated at the access point, right? But nothing... no cdp.... I tried to send cdp packets myself to the access point... but nothing. "show cdp neighbors" doesn't show anything but the switch (which is wired ) too.

Okay, stupid controller maybe? So I even tried this in an autonomous environment but do not see any cdp packets on the wireless link, too.

(And erm... not even Cisco wireless IP phones generate a cdp entry at the access point )

What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES

You're not doing anything wrong.  The feature is working as expected/designed.

CDP for AP, on the WLC, is to be able to identify which switch the AP is connected to, not what is in the air.  For what is on the radio, you would do either a monitor client and filter by the AP, or in the case of IOS show dot11 association.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

For what are the cdp checkboxes on the radio interfaces then?

And for what is the "cdp enable" command at the interface radio then?

What is the intention by that design?

So you are saying the access point will never send any cdp packets out of the radio interface?

Views
Helpful
Replies