cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cell phone Wireless access with Radius and EAP authentication.

mauricio.parra
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys...

I'm new posting here, but I've been reading you for a long time... And I need your help now...

I've setup an Aironet 1260 to authenticate users through a Radius Server (IAS 2003). I configured the Remote Policies just to allow the Domain Users to login and at the PCs it's working fine. I used a certificate to use PEAP as EAP method and mark MS-CHAPv2 and MS-CHAPv1.

But I'd like to enable cell phones to access the wireless too, when I try on a Blackberry it ask me for a WEP key and I try on a Windows Phone and it ask me for a password too, not an username...

Can you help me guys to allow cellphones to access this wireless too?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

nmajeed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mauricio

The best way to have the phones connect to the SSID with PEAP Authentication would be look at the SSID settings on the phones and make sure that you have either WPA,WPA2 or 802.1x enabled on the phone just like the SSID.

It is also necessary to make sure that the authentication type is same on the IAS server and the phone, otherwise the phone will not connect to the SSID.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card