cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificates for IAS

svanguilder
Level 1
Level 1

Do I have to install the certificate from the CA on the WLC 4400? I exported a cert from our CA(someone else set that thing up and I am not totally sure it is right) and installed on a laptop and tried to get to the WLAN that I setup with 802.1x and I get no where. I do have the IAS server setup as a Radius on the WLC. All I get is "Aug 21 08:18:35.728 1x_auth_pae.c:2471 DOT1X-1-MAX_EAP_IE_RETRIES_REACHED: Reached Max EAP-Identity Request retries (21) for STA00:1b:77:25:44:cf" in the logs and nothing on the IAS server or the CA server. I am not getting a whole lot go on here.

Anyone got any idea of what is wrong here?

7 Replies 7

fynskisb16
Level 1
Level 1

How do you have your IAS server setup? Are you running on a 2003 Domain? I'm running 6 IAS server that are DC's that talk with 8 4400 series controllers. I've had issues with IAS but I think we have it all worked out. I currently working on a doc that I can send you if you would like.

Yes I do have the IAS setup in a 2003 domain, but we are still mixed mode if that has any bearing.

I would definitely appreciate the doc you have. Email is svangui1@range.fairview.org

Thanks.

I'll email it to you as soon as I'm done.

Cool, thanks much!!

This is a work in process. Hope this helps everyone.

Nice job on your document. Much easier to follow than Microsoft's version (of course it's not Cisco WLC specific):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=60C5D0A1-9820-480E-AA38-63485ECA8B9B&displaylang=en

I'm working on adding the WLC to the document. It will show all the steps for 802.1x PEAP with IAS and windows clients.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card