Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Chain Certificate in WLC4400

Hi folks!

I'm trying to use chain certificate for my devices authentication. can someone please help?

'couse in cisco web page I saw that it's was only possible to use chain certificate for Web Auth.

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Chain Certificate in WLC4400

You are trying to install a chain certificate for 802.1x on the wlc or on the radius.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

I'm trying to install in WLC it self

Thanks,

Alcides Miguel

For what purpose?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I would like to authenticate devices like " Wireless Phones, Laptops" and so on

so Stephen is it not possible to do that in WLC it self do I need to use a external device for authentication like cisco ACS?

best regards,

Alcides Miguel

you only need to install a device certificate I'd you are using the WLC as your AAA sever. If you are using an external radius server the client negotiates with the server and not the WLC.

If you are doing this for webauth it's a different story

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Piggybacking on Scott,

The WLC can be the AAA server, but you would either need to  build all your users/passwords in the WLC or do an LDAP call to a server.  But that server can't be AD, as it does not return a clear text password.

If you need to do AAA, then you are better off doing it from NPS/ACS/Steel Belted, as you have more control for what you want users to be able to do.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

If you want to do 802.1x authentication, then you need a radius server that is tied or connected to AD. If you don't want to use 802.1x, then you can do pre shared key.

Take a look at this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807f42e9.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Ok I will give a try built a Radius Server for device auth

thanks in advance

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content