Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

rtr

Chain of repeater on AP1200 IOS

Dear all,

I failed installing this kind of infrastructure :

AP1200(Root)-AP1200(Repeat1)-AP1200(Repeat2)

I have to tell you that AP1200(Root) has a direct view to Repeat1 but cannot see (no direct view and big walls) Repeat2. So I need Repeat1 (which has two direct views to both Root and Repeat2) to make "the link" between the AP1200Root and the second Repeater.

I have taken off all the exotic configuration such as wep, authentication, ... the 3 AP1200 are in blank config + station-role + ssid configuration.

With this configuration, Repeat1 see AP1200Root but not Repeat2.

So to make investigation I changed the Repeater1 to Root and the Root to Repeater1 in order to have a configuration where the AP1200Root is able to have a direct view of the two AP1200Repeaters and then it working perfectly fine.

So my question is : "Does the AP1200Root needs to have a direct view with all the repeaters ?"

In that case, I do not understand the "repeater chain" term. Or may be I failed configuring a special settings somewhere to tell Repeater2 that he is the Repeater of the Repeater1 ?

Can someone give an idea for me to investigate further more ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

RTR

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Chain of repeater on AP1200 IOS

No the root does not need to have a direct view with the repeater, as you say then the whole purpose will become void. Must be some other problem. Double check your config.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content