Views
Helpful
Replies

Change TX Power Problem

M.Netuschil5148
Level 1
Level 1

Hi at all,

another problem or maybe a nice feature in the codes 7.4.100.0 and 7.4.100.60 is when the TX is on automatic all

AP´s change the tx power very often and including interface resets. In a voice environment is this not really possible.

In the controller logs we are seen this current every ten minutes.

Is there a fix available without do the TX Power to custom?

Thanks,

Mario

14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using TPCv0 or TPCv1?

Hi Leo,

we have only this:

Interference Optimal Mode (TPCv2)

Coverage Optimal Mode (TPCv1)

TPCv1 is active

Thanks,

Mario

TPCv1 is active

The old warning is still around.  Do not use TPCv1 unless you have very dense AP deployment.  Stick to TPCv0.

In this case we haven´t not a very dense AP deployment.

Is your TCPv0 the TCPv2 in my selection?

Thanks

Wait a second ... I think I am gravely mistaken.

There's no such thing as "TPCv0".  Sorry for the confusion.

I was refering to TPCv1 or TPCv2.  Don't use TPCv2. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ok, so your TPC is set to TPCv1.

How often is the changes?  I don't have a WLC at home but I believe when channels and power change, you can set it up to change every hour or every day.  I set mine to change every 24-hours.

How can I change this? This is set to every 600 Seconds.

See here:

Hi Leo,

You wrote:

I set mine to change every 24-hours.

How can I change this? When I set this "On Demand" I can´t set a time or I´m blind.

Thanks,

Mario

Leo meant the channel change under DCA is set to 24 hours when you anchor the time.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One thing you can do also is set your maximum and minimum power level assignments to 17 max and 11 min or 14 min, depending on what the coverage is like. This way even if the power changes, you will still have coverage per say. TX changes doesn't affect client devices like channel changes, but too low of a TX power can affect coverage. Coverage hole detection can also impact the RRM and TX power changes if that is enabled. Features should be tweaked as long as a proper site survey was performed. Makes it easy to tweak then.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks for your answer.

In this case is coverage hole detection activated. Is there a best practise way available?

Thanks,

Mario

You need to understand you rf environment. There are threshold that affect this and can cause RRM to adjust too much. Disable this and see if it settles down. I never really use that.

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mario,

As per your query I can suggest you the following solution –

For the Tx Power Level Assignment, choose the Custom assignment method, and select a power level. Valid values are 1 through 5; the default value is 1.

Note Radio Resource Management (RRM) is disabled by default; RRM cannot be enabled for the backhaul.

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card