Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing AP Channel

We have a bunch on APS in a building and one of them is near a microwave and keeps crashing around lunch time and I was wondering...How can I set the channel manually ?

Currently we have DCA enabled on the controller for channel 1,6 and 11 and this AP is stuck on channel 11 witch is causing problem how can I proceed ?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Simon,

You can manually change the channel.

Go to Wireless-Radios-802.11b/g/n,on the right side click the blue arrow-Configure-on RF channel assignment choose manual and enter the channel you want.

Regards,

Christos

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Simon,

You can manually change the channel.

Go to Wireless-Radios-802.11b/g/n,on the right side click the blue arrow-Configure-on RF channel assignment choose manual and enter the channel you want.

Regards,

Christos

I spent ages looking for this as I forgot I had to scroll all the way tho the right to see the drop down arrow ... man ... not like my laptop screen was that small!

Thanks for the reminder!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What exact version is the firmware of your controller? 

What is the model of your AP that's crashing?

Software Version is 7.4.100.60 and all our AP are Cisco Aironet 3600

Software Version is 7.4.100.60 and all our AP are Cisco Aironet 3600

First, for stability purposes, upgrade to 7.4.121.X.   Next, you are using 3600 which supports CleanAir.  Enable CleanAir and Persistence Device.  

When the the system hears the microwave oven, the WLC will change the power and the channel to the APs most vulnerable to the microwave oven.  Your scenario about the microwave oven is THE selling point for Cisco about CleanAir.  

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add, microwave can affect the whole 2.4ghz spectrum or only a few on the higher channels. If you have CleanAir, you can enable Persistent Devices. This helps when interferes are hear time and time again. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I read some CleanAir documentation but I'm not to clear on what Persistent Device Propagation does

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: