cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1230 max clients per AP & solutions?

jonknight
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We have approx 15 APs located around site. We have introduced 40+ notebooks recently and noticed slow access with our wireless network.

I understand the recommend amount is roughly 10-20 clients per access point. The less clients connected the better performance per user.

My question is can I change the max associations for each AP to 10 or 20, introduce a few more new AP's and would this mean the client notebook would keep trying until it reaches an AP that will accept associations ? Is this the recommended solution ?

Thanks

Jon

2 Replies 2

jake.kappus
Level 1
Level 1

I believe the hard coded limit for associations is 32. But I would never go above 15 per access point as your performance will suffer greatly.

I would add more AP's into your environment to lighten the load. If you were in an LWAPP environment, the controller can handle load balancing for you as well.

smohanasundaram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jon

Greetings!

what type ur application ur using in you clients(Laptops).my experiance i am using 25 Laptops per AP .ITS working fine for internet browing.but it doesn'tsupport for Applications like Browser based.i suggest you to put a WLAN Controller and automatic load balancing .it wil solve your problem

regs

s.Mohana sundaram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card