Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1262 Maximum transmit power

mcaoile
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I will be doing a site survey using the client's Cisco 1262 with only 1 radio (g/n), 3 antennas.  What is the maximum transmit power, 20dBm or 23dBm?

I need to set the transmit power in the Airmagnet to 50% or 3dBm down as recommended by Cisco.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It depends on your regulatory.

Here is a link shows what is the maximum allowed power level (power level 1) depending on your AP regulatory:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/channels/lwapp/reference/guide/3500e1260pwr_chn.pdf

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It depends on your regulatory.

Here is a link shows what is the maximum allowed power level (power level 1) depending on your AP regulatory:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/channels/lwapp/reference/guide/3500e1260pwr_chn.pdf

HTH

Amjad

Hi,

The antenna has a 2,2dbi gain which means that the maximum Tx power will be 17dBm.

So, for my site survey, I will have to set the Tx power to 14dbm.

Lito

Have you checked the AP based on the regulatory?

doc have different ap regulatories (-A, -E, -Q ....etc). Be sure you match AP regulatory and radio type besides the gain. 2.4 and 5 GHz radios may have different max power level.

Please don't forget to mark answers and rate useful replies.

Cheers,

Amjad

The regulatory domain is -E.

Maximum Tx power with 2.2dBi antenna (2,4Ghz) is 17dBm

So, for my site survey, I will have to set the Tx power to 14dbm.  Am I right.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card