cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1300's won't associated.

Michael Klick
Level 1
Level 1

I have one a Root Bridge. Its Software/Hardware is up.

The Non-Root Bridge never show Software/Hardware is up.

If I switch the Non-Root Bridge to AP they come up.

When the Non-Root Bridge boots the log says it is unable to associate.

1. Triple checked password
  2. Latest version of OS.
  3. Even dedicated Non-Root to look just for this Root Bridge.
  4. Identical settings.

Why won't the interface come up - or is there a way to find WHY it won't associate? Some log?

31 Replies 31

George the install created an SSID of tsunami.

Can I just use that?

And how to I turn off that logging? I can't enter things very well!!

Does all this take it out of install mode?

take the radio out of install mode. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Sorry for the dumb question: I only know how to do that in the GUI. Just uncheck it?

Since it is working ... I am a little worried or being cautious.

No worries. I almost never use the GUI. try it .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George everything seems to be working great.

BOOM! 

Glad I could help .. rate this thread please if you find it helpful .. No pressure .. 

Done. Some time ago I posted a question on the Cisco forums: it took months for anyone to respond. This has completely changed. Great way of taking care of customers!

Keep in mind we don't work for Cisco. We are engineers and admins who monitor and donate our time here at CSC to help others. We use the ratings as bragging rights between us. You will normally see Steve, Scoot, Leo, Ras and myself cruising the mobility section of CSC.

Glad to worked out. Stop back if you have problems.

Ok. I will tell my boss.

Thanks again.

Tell your boss to rate some post too! :)  LOL

You will normally see Steve, Scoot, Leo, Ras and myself cruising the mobility section of CSC.

Translation:  Be careful.  There are some posters who, unfortunately, work for Cisco but they don't post technical solution.  They post SALES solution only.  

How to determine one from the other?  Click on the name of the poster and look at his/her score.  Good Cisco staff poster has very high ratings.  

Thanks George for clarifying our position on voluntary support to this forum as non-cisco employees smiley

Mike:

Here is an config example if you want to configure EAP-FAST on your setup. May be useful to you

http://mrncciew.com/2013/11/09/wireless-bridge-with-eap-fast/

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Oh, that too. Yes you can I guess. 

No VLAN's simple pass of traffic

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card