cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1310 Bridge issue

iswariahp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I wonder if anybody else has seen this behaviour I have a reasonably large network with a smaller site linked by a 1310 bridge pair. About 3 times a day the internet is unrreachable. I cannot even ping the default router's address. Only a reset of either bridge seems to realease this. When this happens internally everything is visible on the network it is jsut the default gateway out of the netwrok that is unreachable.

We have looked at every possiblity and cannot for the life of us see why.

The bridge is configured without source root learning and without spanning tree?

any ideas

Paul

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when this happens do a show bridge on the 1310, and see I there is an entry for the gateway. I'd so try pinging the router from the bridge to see if it can relearn the arp entry.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HI Steve, the show bridge and sh ip arp does not show the default gateway and you cant ping the default gateway either. You can ping everything els on the newtork on both sides of the bridge. When you turn either bridge off the netwrok imediately recovers and everyone can then ping the default gateway. The ISP can see all devices in our network during this time as it does not seem to affect their side.

Really confused never seen this before. The server has an I/O accelerator card in with 2 ip addresses on IPV4 one on ht e10.208.60 network and one on 192.168.0.1 could this be part of the problem???

Paul

that could be an issue, if the someone accessed the other entry and it hosed up the arp.  But yeah, that's a weird one.

just to clarify, the bridge on the router side of the link can't ping the GW either?

I'll keep thinking.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

No side at this time can see the default gateway. However I have turned the hold queue 80 in to 0 on both ends. The network has stabilsed we have had no crashes. However the accesss to the server is very slow on the remote bridge side but IP Phones are perfect. The server has a Intel PRO card with I/o Acceleration.

I am wondering if this is the issue going to XP Machines in that it is very slow (there are issues it seems from Microsoft forums) and with the hold queue on it stuffs the bridges up until you have to reset them to clear the table out.???

Paul

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it's possible that the radio queue or Ethernet queue was getting edged by a packet. Saw this happen when you had rrm enabled on some of the intel wireless adapters. If it locks up again pull a show controllers dot1radio 0 and one from the fasterhernet as well. We can see if there are packets stuck in the input queue.

But if it seems to be working I wouldn't want to tell you to change the hold queue back to 80 just to have the issue and it not be a stuck packet

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card