Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cisco 1550E question

I am new to the forum so if this is not posted correctly I apologize. My question has to do with the Cisco 1550e outdoor mesh access point. I have been in the wireless industry for 15 years and can not figure out the propagation and degradation for this AP with standard Cisco Aironet Dual-Band Omnidirectional Antenna (AIR-ANT2547V-N). I believe a lot of my problem stems from the fact that I have not used this in a field environment. I will be using the 2.4 ghz band in a 3x2 MIMO configuration. My MAP is set on flat ground but the equipment being used is approximately 30 feet below the AP and moving.

If I can get an answer to the propagation problem that will at least allow me to calculate how many AP's I need to control multiple pieces of equipment with out signal loss or jitter. The MAP to the RAP will be using the 5ghz channel. So please any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

John

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 1550E question

These are only estimated and typically we have surveyed when deploying MESH. Here is a spreadsheet that may help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/range/calculator/1552_Link_Calculator_V1.xls

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content