Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1552E wireless bridge point to point issue

Hi,

I am currently trying to setup a point-to-point wireless bridge to extend the network to another building. Im currently hitting some spanning-tree errors as shown below:

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 1 on FastEthernet0/1 VLAN10.

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0001. Inconsistent peer vlan.

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0010. Inconsistent local vlan.

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0030. Inconsistent peer vlan.

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0031. Inconsistent peer vlan.

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0050. Inconsistent peer vlan.

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0052. Inconsistent peer vlan.

05:50:10: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0060. Inconsistent peer vlan.

05:52:07: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0001. Port consistency restored.

05:52:07: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0030. Port consistency restored.

05:52:07: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0031. Port consistency restored.

05:52:07: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0050. Port consistency restored.

05:52:07: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0052. Port consistency restored.

05:52:07: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0010. Port consistency restored.

05:52:07: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0060. Port consistency restored.

Basically the remote site has a 8 port switch plugging into the 1552E PoE port. Does the wireless bridge support trunks? and multiple vlan?

The Bridge APs are both in LWAPP mode and are registered to a 5508 WLC running 7.4 code.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 1552E wireless bridge point to point issue

You have to understand how MESH Ethernet Bridging is configured as that is why your seeing errors. Your main site would have a RAP and the other end would be a MAP with the switch connected to the gigabit Ethernet port. The RAP would be connected to a trunk port and you would have to define what vlan id's will be placed on the trunk port. The second link will explain that piece.

See these links.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21766

http://phasedcoexistence.blogspot.com/2011/12/cisco-mesh-ethernet-vlan-tagging.html?m=1

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
9 REPLIES

You have to understand how MESH Ethernet Bridging is configured as that is why your seeing errors. Your main site would have a RAP and the other end would be a MAP with the switch connected to the gigabit Ethernet port. The RAP would be connected to a trunk port and you would have to define what vlan id's will be placed on the trunk port. The second link will explain that piece.

See these links.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21766

http://phasedcoexistence.blogspot.com/2011/12/cisco-mesh-ethernet-vlan-tagging.html?m=1

-Scott

Thanks Scott, appreciate the help.

No problem. So I'm guessing you were not doing Ethernet bridging?

-Scott

I am doing a point to point wireless bridge, I am currently having issues reaching the switch which is plugging into the MAP - PoE In port.

The RAP's ethernet port is configured as "normal"

The MAPs ethernet port is configured as Trunk with apporpiate VLANS assigned.

The switchport to the RAP and MAP is a trunk

Any idea's on what could be the issue from accessing the switch attached to the MAP?

Thanks

Koevi

If you have more than one vlan, the RAP needs to be connected to a trunk port. Any vlan traffic defined on the MAP will be sent to the RAP and the RAP will place all vlan traffic onto the switch except for the native vlan traffic. Only the native vlan traffic gets tunneled back to the WLC all the rest needs to be defined on the trunk port the RAP is connected to.

-Scott

The switchports connecting to the RAP and MAP are configured as Trunk ports.

The port on the RAP is configured as "Normal"

The port on the MAP is configured as "Trunk" with the correct VLANs added to the MAP.

The issue is that i cannot access the switch which is plugging into the MAP on the "PoE In" port. I followed the Cisco documents and it is currently still not working. I am not sure what else to check.

The link I posted which you have... The non Cisco one is what I reference. All I can say is to start out with no vlan's and put the switch in the same vlan as the rap and map which is native and get that to work first. Then add the vlan's.

-Scott
Cisco Employee

Cisco 1552E wireless bridge point to point issue

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Inconsistent peer vlan. 

The spanning-tree port associated with the listed spanning-tree instance and
interface will be held in the spanning-tree blocking state until the port
VLAN ID (PVID) inconsistency is resolved. The listed spanning-tree instance
is that of the native VLAN ID of the interface on the peer switch to which
the listed interface is connected.

Verify that the configuration of the native VLAN ID is
consistent on the interfaces on each end of the IEEE 802.1Q trunk
connection. When interface inconsistencies are corrected, spanning tree
automatically unblocks the interfaces.

Another thing that came to my mind is that on the mesh link I guess you are
passing all vlans in the trunk , Do you need to pass all vlans? Or can we
pruned the vlans to the necessary ones? In case that you have a big vlan
database on the switches.

This issue has been resolved by turning "VLAN transparency OFF".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content