Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1600 Series AP in Prime

I have a AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9 access point and I'm trying to add it to to Cisco Prime.  When I do, it shows that it is reachable and Inventory Status Detail shows that it completed successfully.  But seems like PI 1.3 is not recognizing this AP and it just stays under the Unknown devices.

Any thoughts?  Online documentation seems to show that it is compatable with PI.  What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 1600 Series AP in Prime

The problem is the device support.  Here is a link on the supported device depending on the PI version:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12239/products_device_support_tables_list.html

You can also view the supported device list form your PI.  On the top right side, click on the "?" Help and then the Device level support.  This will open another page with the supported device list for your PI version.

The AP1600 doesn't show supported on teh version you have.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

paste the screenshot ...

Regards

Re: Cisco 1600 Series AP in Prime

The problem is the device support.  Here is a link on the supported device depending on the PI version:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12239/products_device_support_tables_list.html

You can also view the supported device list form your PI.  On the top right side, click on the "?" Help and then the Device level support.  This will open another page with the supported device list for your PI version.

The AP1600 doesn't show supported on teh version you have.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thank you, you are right I do not see 1600's or 2600's even in there.  Guess 2600's are only supported if they are attached to the WLC.  I'll have to try to add one of the 2600's.

Yeah... there are many devices that aren't supported yet.... one day hopefully!

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content