Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Cisco 1602e AP bandwidth limiting, qos question.

I have a few AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9, and I was wondering if they are able to do any type of QoS or bandwidth throttling/limiting based on destination ip address or perhaps even just limiting the speed of that wireless interface?  Essentially we'd like it so people on the "Internet only" ssid can use a certain amount of bandwidth - like 4mb or something.  If this AP simply can't do it, then are there any suggestions for what I should do instead?  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 1602e AP bandwidth limiting, qos question.

You have an autonomous AP and its really not possible to limit the traffic. You might be able to setup am acl on the router to limit the bandwidth as long as these users are on a different subnet than your internal user. Others in the past have used a 3rd party wifi hotspot software. These software you can have users login or not, but you can control bandwidth. Some are paid versions and some are free. You would just have to look around and try them.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 1602e AP bandwidth limiting, qos question.

You have an autonomous AP and its really not possible to limit the traffic. You might be able to setup am acl on the router to limit the bandwidth as long as these users are on a different subnet than your internal user. Others in the past have used a 3rd party wifi hotspot software. These software you can have users login or not, but you can control bandwidth. Some are paid versions and some are free. You would just have to look around and try them.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

Cisco 1602e AP bandwidth limiting, qos question.

Well the  solution or the most economical solution will be to implement the QoS  and you can limit the traffic using any L3 device which is capable of  QoS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content