Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco 2500 controller wifi setup

Hi,

I have a 2500 controller and three 1600 access points and am having a terrible time with the setup. I have the controller all set and can get to it through the web interface and I have two of the AP's connected to it and broadcasting. But how do I set up the actual wifi? I can see the original WLAN I created on setup on my phone but when I try to connect it asks for a username and password and nothing works. I have seen things for a RADIUS server, do I need to install that on something to get this to work? I have even tried adding a new WLAN on the controller but it does not appear even after restart. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Hi,Here is the guide for

Hi,

Here is the guide for interface creation: http://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/configure-dynamic-interface-on-wlc/

Then you can create a WLAN and assign the interface created in earlier step to this WLAN.

Just check about security parameter:

Open -  no need for password.

wpa/tkip -  Pre Shared key

wpa2/aes -Pre Shared key

wpa with 802.1x then you have to use username and password.

Regards

3 REPLIES

I just turned the

I just turned the authentication off on the first WLAN (the original one) and I can get a connection perfectly, so it is just the authentication part that has me stuck.

VIP Purple

Hi,Here is the guide for

Hi,

Here is the guide for interface creation: http://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/configure-dynamic-interface-on-wlc/

Then you can create a WLAN and assign the interface created in earlier step to this WLAN.

Just check about security parameter:

Open -  no need for password.

wpa/tkip -  Pre Shared key

wpa2/aes -Pre Shared key

wpa with 802.1x then you have to use username and password.

Regards

If I could by you a coffee I

If I could by you a coffee I totally would! Thank you that was exactly my problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies