Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2504 Etherchannel configuration

Charith Gamhewa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 2960 switch and 2504 WLC so i want to make a etherchannel bundle between these switch and controller.

I read some documents regarding this scenario but there was different informations; some of them had been told it is possible and some of them had been told it is impossible with 2504 series.

Is it possible to make a etherchannel?

If it is possible how can i do that?

my WLC image is 7.3

Thanks,

Charith

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Indeed. 7.4 supports it .. Here is the release notes
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps10315/product_bulletin_c25-722724.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Upgrade to 7.4. Under controller tab select LAG. On the switch side build an etherchannel .. Follow the config guide best practices .. Look up lag in 7.4 config guide

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

It can be confusing ..

7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 are different trains .. One has more features than the last .. Cisco will release maintenace updates for each train ..

sorry my mobile got cut off .. So the latest train and the train that supports LAG is 7.4. So whatever the hightest number is in the 7.4 folder is the lastest ..

make sense?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Haha... Its George's iOS 7:)

So the first version to support LAG was v7.4.100.0 and the other image available is the v7.4.100.60 which is the latest but is beta. So either one of the v7.4 will work.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

12 Replies 12

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Indeed. 7.4 supports it .. Here is the release notes
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps10315/product_bulletin_c25-722724.html

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Upgrade to 7.4. Under controller tab select LAG. On the switch side build an etherchannel .. Follow the config guide best practices .. Look up lag in 7.4 config guide

Thanks for supporting the rating system. Stop back if you have any questions or issues when you do the LAG config.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Thank you George for your quick and correct reply. 

George,

I am confusing with WLC software download.

because the lateset release is 7.2.115.2

7.4.100.60  have been released prior to the 7.2.115.2.

what is the latest one?

why old 7.2 versions are releasing yet ?

Thanks,

Charith

It can be confusing ..

7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 are different trains .. One has more features than the last .. Cisco will release maintenace updates for each train ..

sorry my mobile got cut off .. So the latest train and the train that supports LAG is 7.4. So whatever the hightest number is in the 7.4 folder is the lastest ..

make sense?

ok. but why dose it conduct different trains? like 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4

what is the reason?

Features! Various trains are developed for specific WLC models, access points and features. The release notes will explain what devices are supported and what are the new features.

-Scott

Cisco released a number of different trains. The difference between them is features. The 7.2 has been out longer than 7.3 and 7.4. Folks that dont want to be bleeding edge tend to stick with older releases. For example, Im still on 7.0 myself for most of my gear ..

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Haha... Its George's iOS 7:)

So the first version to support LAG was v7.4.100.0 and the other image available is the v7.4.100.60 which is the latest but is beta. So either one of the v7.4 will work.

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Charith,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

WLC 7.4 version supports it.

Hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card