Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3502i in autonomous mode - for site survey

smunzani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Last year I was able to load autonomous mode IOS to a cisco 3502i to do the site survey using instructions at following thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2084624

This year I have to do site survey for a different site and need to do the same process. However on the CCO I don't see the autonomous image. Under downloads -> products -> wireless -> access points -> Cisco 3502i I see IOS link and when clicked there is gives

ap3g1-k9w8-tar.124-23c.JA4.tar. I even loaded that IOS but it seems to be light weight mode IOS.

After reading a few different threads somebody clarified that K7 = IOS and K8 = Lightweight. However I can't seem to find the lightweight mode anywhere.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2140629

Can somebody guide me? I need to run this code only for the site survey and totally understand the fact that Cisco would not support such configuration.

Thanks in advance,

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry to inform you but there is no autonomous code for the 3500. You could however use the 1140 code. But this not supported by Cisco but it does work ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Is that 1140 code of 1260? Someone had posted that 1260 uses same radio as 3500 so that's better match.

You can use 1260 image.

ap3g1 platform; not the 1140 series code.

But George is right; you "can" do this, but it is not supported by TAC at all.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've used the 1140 and haven't had any issues in fact a post survey showed identical patterns ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

David are you saying the 1140 code won't work ? It worked for me ..

Well if it worked, then it works, but the 1260 and 3500 are essentially the same platform (minus clean air), so any talks of loading stand-alone on a 3500 series has suggested the 1260 image.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Got it. . Thanks for the clarification.

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: