Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3602e and dual band Antenna's

Hi,

we have several cisco 3602e we are deploying with various dual band antenna's

The antenna's are terra-wave 4 element dual band,

Does it matter were the cable go from antenna on the AP as the AP shows dual band connectors A/B/C/D?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think what Scott meant to write is:

"You really don't, but if they are marked, ..."

You must have different 3602e APs than I do.  Mine have 4 antenna ports.  I wouldn't even consider using the

M6060060MP1D33602 antenna with only three leads.

Connecting A-B, B-C, C-D, D-A, or some other combination probably won't screw up propagation patterns.  The antenna elements are equally spaced within the radome.

You must have different 3602eYou must have different 3602e APs
7 REPLIES

No, I don’t think so that it will make any difference if the cable go from antenna on the AP.

This antenna?  http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=349502&eventGroup=4&eventPage=1

The leads on these antennas are tagged A/B/C/D.  I match them up with the markings on the AP antenna ports.  Whether or not it matters, I don't know.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Exactly what KIND of antennas.

The antenna required for the 1600e/2600e/3600e are DUAL-BAND antenna.  If you have a single-band antenna, it can be done but you need to disable either 802.11a or 802.11b.

as per mscherting ''

The leads on these antennas are tagged A/B/C/D.  I match them up with the markings on the AP antenna''

as on the 3602e the RPTNC connectors are marked withe the same notation, A/B/C/D.

Do I have to match up the Antenna connectors ABCD to the APs RPTNC,ABCD?

the antenna i am using are terra-wave MIMO

M6060060MP1D33602

M6060060MO1D43602

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 3602e and dual band Antenna's

You really don't buy if they are marked, it doesn't hurt to use the markings for consistency. Again, it doesn't matter as the antennas are spaced apart the same.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

I don't understatnd what your stating? I realize the the Antnna via teh LMR cable is spaced outside for coverage.

are you stating that it doesn't matter that its connectd one for one ABCD ABCD?

I think what Scott meant to write is:

"You really don't, but if they are marked, ..."

You must have different 3602e APs than I do.  Mine have 4 antenna ports.  I wouldn't even consider using the

M6060060MP1D33602 antenna with only three leads.

Connecting A-B, B-C, C-D, D-A, or some other combination probably won't screw up propagation patterns.  The antenna elements are equally spaced within the radome.

You must have different 3602eYou must have different 3602e APs
Views
Helpful
Replies