Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 5760 + 7925 Phone connection issue - channel selection problem?

Hello, 

we have 2x 5760 controllers with 10x 3700 APs at a customer in use. There are 2 SSIDs, one for data and one for Voice.

The Data SSID runs perfectly and the connection via laptop, tablet and smartphone runs very well. But in the Voice SSID we have cisco 7925 phones in use, that have problems to connect.

The problem is when you start the phone the network symbol is twitching for 10 seconds and then "Leaving service area, connection failed" is shown.

Debug client command on controller shows:  "Reason: 802.11 association failure"

Authentication via LEAP on ACS is running accurate.

After a long time of troubleshooting, we have found that many access points running on the same channels. Mainly channel 1 and channel 36. So the problem is that the controller does not automatically set the APs to different channels. The firmware on controller ist the second latest at the moment.

WLAN-config:

wlan SSID_voice 3 SSID_voice
 aaa-override
 accounting-list default
 no broadcast-ssid
 client vlan Voice_VLAN
 no exclusionlist
 security dot1x authentication-list default
 no shutdown

Phone-config:

only a-channel

thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Make sure your 7925G is

Make sure your 7925G is running firmware 1.4(3) and later.  

Hello, Today I have checked

Hello, 

Today I have checked the phone software  with our customers.

The Firmware is:

Anw. Software-ID:  -CP7925G-1.4.5.3.LOADS

Boot-Software-ID:  -BL-H302-7773DC03

WLAN-Driver-ID:    -1.0.0.55

WLAN-Firmware-ID:   -4.4.59.1

It seems to be the newest Firmware. Is the WLAN Firmware included in the "Main Firmware" or is it possible to update it separately?

thanks in advance!

Hello,the reason was the QoS

Hello,

the reason was the QoS config. Now everything works well with this config:

class-map match-any Voice-egress_Voice_UI_CLASS

description Voice_UI_CLASS DO_NOT_CHANGE
  match  dscp ef 
class-map match-any non-client-nrt-class
  match non-client-nrt 
!
policy-map Voice-egress_Child_Policy
description UI_POLICY_DO_NOT_CHANGE UI_Child_Policy
class Voice-egress_Voice_UI_CLASS
    priority level 1
    police 128000000
    admit cac wmm-tspec
      rate 128000
      wlan-up  6
policy-map Voice-egress
description [SSID_Egress_UI_policy UI_POLICY_DO_NOT_CHANGE]
class class-default
   set dscp dscp table Voice-egress_UI_table
   set wlan user-priority dscp table Voice-egress_UI_table
    shape average 128000000
    queue-buffers ratio 0
   service-policy Voice-egress_Child_Policy
policy-map Voice-ingress
description [SSID_Ingress_UI_policy UI_POLICY_DO_NOT_CHANGE]
class class-default
   set dscp dscp table Voice-ingress_UI_table
policy-map voice
class class-default
   set cos 6 

wlan SSID_voice 3 SSID_voice
aaa-override
accounting-list default
client vlan Voice_VLAN
no exclusionlist
security wpa akm cckm
security dot1x authentication-list default
service-policy input Voice-ingress
service-policy output Voice-egress
session-timeout 1800
no shutdown

I can see the latest Release

I can see the latest Release 3.6.2E, have some inbuilt platinum profiles. Any idea if these profiles are sufficient to resolve the client connection issue. Also any idea if I can see the cos value mappings for the default profiles

Regards

Nikhil

VIP Purple

First check with a open auth

First check with a open auth SSID, 7925G associating without any problem.

which version of software on 5760. IOS-XE 3.3.3 is the latest. Try with that & if no success work with TAC.

I recently saw similar behaviour on my test network, but only with a beta software code.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hello, the phone maintenance

Hello, the phone maintenance is unfortunately not under our care, but we try to achieve an update. The authentication was tested with PEAP and open, too but no change.

We try to get the IOS-XE 3.3.3 form Cisco. Hope this helps. Thank you

VIP Purple

When you connect the phone to

When you connect the phone to Open Auth SSID, pls post the output of the following

5760#debug client mac-address <7925G_MAC_Address>

That should indicate something

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

It is not possible to test

It is not possible to test now without authentication, but this is "debug client mac" with authenticiation from our last test.

Hi, has anyone an idea? I

Hi, has anyone an idea? I think the most important output of the log is:

May  9 09:26:11.577: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: Sending assoc-resp station: 7cad.7442.a339  AP: c025.5c49.1bf0 -00 thread:-114534824
May  9 09:26:11.577: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: 7cad.7442.a339 Sending Assoc Response to station on BSSID  1c1d.8670.3330  (status 51456) ApVapId 3 Slot 1
May  9 09:26:11.577: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: 7cad.7442.a339 Reason code 0, Preset 1, AAA cause 1
May  9 09:26:11.577: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: 7cad.7442.a339 Scheduling deletion of Mobile Station:  (callerId: 84) in 1 seconds
May  9 09:26:11.577: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: 7cad.7442.a339 Starting client deletion as blacklisting is disabled
May  9 09:26:11.577: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: 7cad.7442.a339 client not added to the exclusion list (exclusion maybe disabled)
May  9 09:26:12.533: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: 7cad.7442.a339 apfMsExpireCallback (apf_ms.c:754) Expiring Mobile!
May  9 09:26:12.534: %IOSXE-7-PLATFORM: 1 process wcm: 7cad.7442.a339 apfMsExpireMobileStation (apf_ms.c:7227) Changing state for mobile  7cad.7442.a339  on AP  c025.5c49.1bf0  from Associated to Disassociated 

hello, new status: The

hello, 

new status: The controller firmware is up to date and the channels I have assigned manually but no change.

All devices can connect but the 7925 phones say "network busy" and "firmware update failed".

Any idea? 

As you are getting the

As you are getting the notification as "firmware update failed" . YOu need to update the firmware to the latest version.

Views
Helpful
Replies