cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco 881 can't get Wireless working

Hi all,

I just bought a 881w and its working fine except the wireless-part. Some strange things are happening:

1) Router is configured and working, I can browse the internet without any problems;

2) When I log in to the CCP, I can click on the 'Wireless' option, and after typing my credentials I can see the tabs 'Basic Configuration' and 'Network Configuration';

3) I assigned a static IP to the wireless-accesspoint (https://172.16.74.200);

4) When I click on the button 'Launch Wireless Application' (which just opens a browser to 'https://172.16.74.200'), I get a webpage with just one button in it (see attached screenshot). When I click the button, InternetExplorer gives a JavaScript-error. When I look at the page-source, I can see where it goes wrong: the JS-function below uses the value of a field, and expects certain values.But the field contains a Cisco-error-message... Strange right?

5) When I add a network on the tab 'Network Configuration', my PC does see a network, but it's SSID is not visible (SSID Broadcast = yes, see screenshots attached).

Can anyone help me? I think I ran out of options...

Thx!

Regards Casper.

Snippet 1:

function chkmode () {
    var form = document.forms[0];

if(isBlank(form.officeExtendConfig.value)) {
        return
    }

var config = grep_string(/ApMode /, form.officeExtendConfig.value);

if(config.indexOf("Remote") != -1) {
        window.location.href='officeExtendapSummary.htm'
    } else {
        alert("The AP is not in Remote mode.");
        return
    }
}

Snippet2:

<input type="hidden" name="officeExtendConfig" value="

show capwap client rcb
       ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
">
Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco 881 can't get Wireless working

Hi Casper,

We are hitting the software bug.. the below link will help you out in resolving..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13047

please follow the instructions and then try accessing the GUI and configure the wireless AP.

Let me know how this works out for you!!

Regards

Surendra

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Casper,

We are hitting the software bug.. the below link will help you out in resolving..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13047

please follow the instructions and then try accessing the GUI and configure the wireless AP.

Let me know how this works out for you!!

Regards

Surendra

Community Member

Thx Surendra, works now!

Strange stuff from Cisco. Buggy and all, but when it works it's unbeatable. Don't know why, but I still have a good feeling about Cisco products, wouldn't buy another brand security-hardware for the world!

Casper.

Cisco Employee

ha ha Thanks for posting in CSC and using Cisco products!!

have a great day!!

Regards

Surendra

Community Member

lol @ last two replyes

Cisco IOS is full of buggs, i have just downgraded from IOS 15 to 12.4 to bypass one, but only have i found more.

I think cisco is not investing as much as it should in reliability. Their prices are tremendous, i just payed a fortune (at least for me) for a crappy 881w router and now i have to replace it because it is full of bugs, just tested 3 different IOS and each has diferent (realy important) ones, wtf.

Well lets just say that, with today IOS, i wouldnt thrust it in a realiable network.

Cisco Employee

Just one liner!!

"if you are hitting a bug, then we have the fix" " we make sure the bug is fixed..

Regards

Surendra

Community Member

Disagree. Sure, there are bugs, but once it runs correctly, you don't have to worry anymore. At least with the 881, ASA5510's and PIX-501's that I am working with... Great stuff.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content