Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-AP3802 Mobility Express

SkyQuake101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to download Mobility Express for my just purchased Cisco AIR-AP3802. This is so I can set up the access point in "standalone" mode. I purchased the access point through Server Supply, and was of the understanding that I should be able to download it as a part of the purchase, but I don't have the contract number that the Cisco website is requesting for the download. Has anyone else ordered through Server Supply, and gotten this to work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Carefully read the Cisco Security Advisory called "Multiple Vulnerabilities in Wi-Fi Protected Access and Wi-Fi Protected Access II" and scroll down to the  "Customers Without Service Contracts" section.  Read very, very carefully the first two paragraphs with emphasis on the second paragraph. 

Hope this helps. 

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Carefully read the Cisco Security Advisory called "Multiple Vulnerabilities in Wi-Fi Protected Access and Wi-Fi Protected Access II" and scroll down to the  "Customers Without Service Contracts" section.  Read very, very carefully the first two paragraphs with emphasis on the second paragraph. 

Hope this helps. 

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.

Thanks very much Leo. I have a case submitted via phone. I'll post how it goes.

Yep, I just received updated firmware! Thanks Leo!

Now I just have to figure out how to get it installed. I keep getting: >Config not synced to APs since no AP is present. So, it ignores the static IP I've set... Is there a way to do it through the USB port in CLI?

Okay, I got the new firmware in place, using tfpd64. I had to dump the unzipped files into the root directory on my computer, and just put a "."for the path. I kept getting "can't find file" errors when the unzipped files were in directories for some reason. I was wrong in thinking that the IP address that I set in the AP 3802 wasn't getting recognized by the 3802. Tfpd64 showed the IP address sending in its log.

Side note, I had to buy the external power supply for the access point to function fully, since my older Cisco POE switch couldn't provide enough juice.

I now have a working AP 3802. Yay! and thanks!

Good to see it's finally working.
Don't forget to mark this thread as "Answered".
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card