cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco AIR LAP1131AG E K9 Status LED = Yellow; Ethernet LED = Off; Radio LED = blinking Red, what is this? it isn't in the manual

bkeskin01
Level 1
Level 1

CIsco AIR LAP1131AG E K9 Status LED = Yellow; Ethernet LED = Off; Radio LED = blinking Red in a pattern, red off then red red, Our AP isn't working it won't show up on our Cisco WLC 2125 anymore and this is the LED indicators, I've checked in the manual and this combination of LEDs do not exists??

19 Replies 19

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Strange. Must be something wrong with AP image.

Can you console to AP and reset by mode button.

Regards

I've tried reseting it by unplugging it holding mode then pluging it in until the lights flash green. This doesn't fix the issue, it just goes back to how it is before with the yellow status and red radio LED

can you console AP ??

if yes then connect with swicth and reboot it.

paste the enitre bootup process here.

Regards

What is the correct procedure to console to the AP? I haven't done this before.

connect blue cabel on one side on AP and other side to laptop.

Then start Hyperterminal or any other termulation software with these settings:

Bits per sec    :  9600 
Data bits       :     8 
Parity          :  none 
Stop bits       :     1 
Flow control    :  none 

and then selet right com port.

Then you will see the bootup process from AP.

Regards

Thanks for the tip, I've done this now. I've attached a txt document with the dump.

Hi,

It looks normal.

Your AP is connected to switch ? it must be access port in specific VLAN.

AP must get IP to discover WLC.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

It isn't showing up on the controller and can't access it via wifi either. Not sure what is wrong with it? It seems to be picking up an IP but doesn't do anything else. I've tried putting it in image recovery mode status turns pink but doesn't recover the image. Is there anything else I can try?

can you paste these:

from WLC: sh sysinfo

From AP: sh version

and also paste the entire bootup process from AP(Reboot and then paste the complete logs)

Regards

bkeskin01
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

Just attached the results of that.

Hi,

WLC and AP are compatibile so thats not the issue.

So now you should do these:

Hold the mode button for 10 seconds and if device comes up then issue these commands:

AP#clear lwapp/capwap private-config

AP#lwapp/capwap ap ip address  

AP#lwapp/capwap ap ip default-gateway

AP#lwapp/capwap ap controller ip address

Regards

I've done that, the AP seemed to be doing something I thought maybe it was fixed now but it still goes back to not working. The status was flashing green, red, red and the ehternet flashing green while the radio was flashing amber. But after a couple of minutes it went back to just flashing red on the radio and yellow on status. Also now it is just restarting, it says failed to fall back to DHCP

Edit: How could I maybe re-load a new image on to the AP to see if that fixes the issue?

If you can access via CLI then you can upgrade New image on LAP:

1. Start TFTP server on laptop, connect AP via console cable and with ethernet cable to your laptop.

2. Assign the IP address to LAP in same subnet as your LAPTOP.

3. Put the new image in root directory of tftp server.

4. use this command.

AP# archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://IP address/ Image.tar

Regards

The archive command doesn't seem to exist, there is an upgrade command? but I don't know the correct syntax to use that either

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card