Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

cisco air-lap1252ag-e-k9 ( rommon mode)

Hello Everyone,

Please can anyone be kind enough to let me know how to get into the ROMMON MODE OF this access point(air-lap1252ag-e-k9). I have used the mode button but no joy.I have also google this all day but still no joy.

I want to be able to get into the rommon mode  before it boot up.

Many thanks.

Kaycee

4 REPLIES

Out of Curiosity, why do you want to get into rommon mode?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_10b_JA/command/reference/cr12410b-chap2.html#wp2671224

above shows you how to enable ios-break so that you could use the ESC key to break into rommon.  But I wouldn't recommend that you do this.

If you are looking to convert the AP between aIOS and LAP there are other ways to do this.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

thanks for your response.

I need to format the flash and set the boot variable and upload a new firmware as the firmware is corrupt.

Thanks.

Kaycee

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: cisco air-lap1252ag-e-k9 ( rommon mode)

Please can anyone be kind enough to let me know how to get into the ROMMON MODE OF this access point(air-lap1252ag-e-k9). I have used the mode button but no joy.

Same question with Steve.  Why do you want to go to ROMmon? 

Anyway, you want to go to ROMmon, I've got a sure-fire-way to get there:  DELETE THE IOS (all of them). 

Community Member

Thanks for your reply,the access point firmware is corrupt and i cannot gain access into the console even after pressing the mode button to default it,when it request for user name,if you input default user name Cisco and password,you get a reply saying authentication fail and at time it boot and hang up. I have also try to use tftp to upload a rcevocery image into but no joy.

Hence I want to gain access into the rommon mode where I can format the flash,set the boot variable and load in a new firmware.I have used tftp with my pc set to 10.0.0.2 but no joy.(as explained below)

you have your image in the tftp server and connect a cable to your AP,then press mode button down and power up when radio led is red,you let go for it to load the firmware.it did not work.

I have also tried to press the Esc key while it is booting up but still unable to go into rommon.

Thanks for your quick response.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content