cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Air-SAP-1602I-A-K9

lauwong504
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought a Cisco Air-SAP 1602I-A-K9 and am trying to use the GUI to set it up.  I can't even get to the GUI.  I connected the RJ45 cable to the console on the Cisco side and the other side to the ethernet side of my computer and used the browser to go to 192.168.1.1 and nothing.

5 Replies 5

RJ45 cable to the console on the Cisco side

You should connect RJ45 cable onto Ethernet (not to the console) port of the AP & other end to PoE switch to power the AP (or to a PC if ap powered by an injector).

Easiest thing would be connect a console calbe to the console port & access the CLI of the AP (username/password should be cisco/Cisco & enable password Cisco). Then verify what is the IP configured on BVI1 interface using "show ip interface brief" command as shown below.

ap#sh ip int brief

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

BVI1                       192.168.31.55   YES other  up                    up     

Dot11Radio0                unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down   

Dot11Radio1                unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down   

FastEthernet0              unassigned      YES other  up                    up   

If you do not see an IP on your BVI1 interface then you need to configure it manually (unless you connect it to DHCP configured switchport)

ap(config)#int bvi1

ap(config-if)#ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

ap(config)#ip default-gateway 192.168.1.x

You can use as Laptop IP as gateway if you just need to do the initial configs.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses *****

I did connect the RJ45 to the aironet ethernet port and the other end to the ethernet port of the computer and I still can't brint it up.  I am using a separate power supply for the cisco 1602.  I am trying to do initial config.

Hi Larry,

You should have a console cable connect to console port of your AP & COMM port of your PC (if you do not have a COMM port then you need to use USB-Serial cable) in order to access the AP CLI.

Then use a terminal application like Putty or HyperTerminal to access the CLI of your AP. Then only you can configure an IP to your AP.

Otherwise you need to connect this AP ethernet port to DHCP configured switch port & see what IP it will take & then try to GUI that IP.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I connected the AP to a DHCP server on a Checkpoint firewall.  But because the radio is not turned on, I cannot see the assigned ip address.

Take a look at this guide as it should help you access the AP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/15_2_4_JA/configuration/guide/scg15.2.4.JA-chap4-first.html#wp1224760

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card