Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco aironet 1130g

hi

i tried to assign ip address to my access point in Lightweight  mode using command

AP(config)# interface bvi 1

but it doent continue give error "invalid input detected at  "' marker

please help..thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then you cannot use lightweight access points :-)

I would suggest reconfiguring them as autonomous IOS access points.

Download the IOS software for that AP model and install it on the AP, then it will be configurable like a normal IOS device.

The command is "archive download-sw /f /o tftp:///"

If it doesn't allow  you to type that command try typing "debug lwapp console cli" or "debug capwap console cli" first but you need to be connected via console (no telnet).

Hope this helps !!!

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

that is because you cannot configure an access point that is lightweight. It has to be configured through the Controller.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

thanks for reply,

yeah this access point is in lightweight mode  and i dont have a WLAN controller..

i cannot do any thing with this access point even cant go to the web interface.

is their any way to assin ssid or wpa security with cli ,  without going web interface.

thank you

Hi,

as mentioned it is configured through the controller. Do you have a WLC ?

I suggest reading http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080665cdf.shtml and http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

Regards,

Nicolas

===

no i dont have a WLC.

Then you cannot use lightweight access points :-)

I would suggest reconfiguring them as autonomous IOS access points.

Download the IOS software for that AP model and install it on the AP, then it will be configurable like a normal IOS device.

The command is "archive download-sw /f /o tftp:///"

If it doesn't allow  you to type that command try typing "debug lwapp console cli" or "debug capwap console cli" first but you need to be connected via console (no telnet).

Hope this helps !!!

Nicolas

===

from where can i download ios ..?  Is it available in cisco site.. i tried evry where  ...

cant find ios version   12.3.11-JA4(ED)

I suggest you go with 12.4.21. Why do you want to go to 12.3 ?

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=279537722&flowid=6775&softwareid=280805680&release=12.4.21a-JY&rellifecycle=ED&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

(this link had issues to open on google chrome for me but firefox worked like a charm).

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: