cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1140 (cannot access Web-Browser Interface)

cdubois_logilys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just plug my new Cisco Aironet 1140 with the appropriate CISCO power supply (no PoE here) but I cannot access it.

I can see it's IP adress on my DHCP, I am able to ping it, but when I try to access to the web-browser interface, I receive an error :

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Also, the LED is blinking GREEN - RED - AMBER.  I saw that it's a warning about the InLine Power (that make sense because I use the power suply).

Did I miss something?  Or the unit can be defect?

Thank you for helping,

Christian Dubois, Logilys

1 Reply 1

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

What is the full model number of the AP(AIR-APXXXX-X-K9 or AIR-LAPXXXX-X-K9)?  It sounds like it may be a light-weight(AIR-LAP) which has no WEB GUI and also no telnet/ssh access by defualt.  The blinking lights sounds like an AP trying to discovery/join a WLC but with no sucess.

If it is LAP and you need to configure as stand-alone/autonomous you will need to convert the AP to IOS.  There are numerous posts on this forum (and a doc I believe) describing this process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: