Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Aironet 1240 setup

friends .. i am not from wireless domain and i tried configuring the device but there are not much options from web ... so .. i need help in configuring this ..

I tried configuring device as DHCP but not able to get through. blogs i followed but i didnt get any IP. i want my device to act as autonomous DHCP server... only for the people connecting to the device. Is this possibl .. why this kind of scenario is .. the wire which is connected to FE of device coming from my corporate network and there is another DHCP in that network .I dont want wireless to give IPs to client from m corporate network.. so is it posssible to have a stand alone DHCP which should not disturb my corporate.. looks like not possibl  but trying .. may be something which i am not aware of .. a nw learning m...!!!

second is .. i have seen in hotels and other restricted places where they have tmp wireless keys .. which are automatically generate .(I suppose) and expirer after some time ..

Plan is to have guest internet but not for long duration. So if some one has the key also he should not be able to use the internet for much long .. some thing like .. can we have a web page before we get to internet .. sorry if my requiremnt are not clear..seen at few places.. thinking if this is possible by this device...

• Getting Started with Wireless
Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

An AP can provide DHCP

An AP can provide DHCP addresses, but cannot provide NAT/PAT. If you are trying to use a private space separate from your corporate network you will need to configure NAT on the corporate network and layer 2 it to the AP.

If you are not speaking of using NAT, then you can dedicate a space for the AP to dish out IPs and another for the normal DHCP server. One example for a 24 bit would be DHCP server offers address 10-220, AP offers 221-250.

You can use a web auth page with local net user.

hi ... thanks TJ for the

hi ... thanks TJ for the reply.. i knw this all is possible .. which you mentioned above.. i need help in getting this configured becz i tried it but i am not able to .... can you please guide

Silver

well for guest access you

well for guest access you need a proper solution i would suggest you study Cisco ISE guest services

kindly check the link for 1240 configuration

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/aironet-1240-ag-series/products-configuration-examples-list.html

Views
Helpful
Replies