cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1250 help

josh.hamrick
Level 1
Level 1

So I figure I got an incorrect or corrupt IOS.  I tried to perform the mode reset, but it starts to transfer and then errors out.  Here's an example of what the output is at, and it just sticks here:

IOS Bootloader - Starting system.

Xmodem file system is available.

flashfs[0]: 150 files, 8 directories

flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories

flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 31868928

flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 7369728

flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 24499200

flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 19 seconds.

Reading cookie from flash parameter block...done.

Base Ethernet MAC address: 00:22:90:5d:4a:6a

button is pressed, wait for button to be released...

button pressed for 45 seconds

process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1

process_config_recovery: image recovery

image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1250-k9w7-tar.default

examining image...

extracting info (286 bytes)

Image info:

Version Suffix: k9w7-.124-25d.JA1

Image Name: c1250-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA1

Version Directory: c1250-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA1

Ios Image Size: 5765632

Total Image Size: 6533632

Image Feature: WIRELESS LAN

Image Family: C1250

Wireless Switch Management Version: 7.0.94.21

Extracting files...

ERROR: Problem extracting files from archive.Loading "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE"...###########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

File "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x3000

executing...

So as you can see above, I tried to load another image in this output, but it starts uploading, then gives "

ERROR: Problem extracting files from archive.Loading "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE"  and continues with the same IOS, which sticks for hours at executing with no sign of failing.  So I am unable to get a new image in it, and the one loaded appears to just stick.  Any idea how to get around this?

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have the wrong image. The one you have is for a 1200.

This is what you need.

c1250-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA1.tar

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

First off, thank you much for the response.  I came to this same conclusion not long after posting the topic.  I got it off ebay, probably not the best place to get eletronics, but haven't gotten burned (till now). 

The problem is, I can't "break" it like a normal router to get into rommon.  Every time it tries to decompress the incorrect IOS and freezes at executing...  I have tried to do the TFTP mode solution, but it starts transferring then gives this error:

ERROR: Problem extracting files from archive.I suspect perhaps not enough space? 

Though from the flash output, I don't think that's the problem.  I know I am using the TFTP solution correctly, I have used it with routers and switches with no issues in the past (it's pretty hard to mess that up anyhow).  I've been looking all over google for anyone with a similar issue, and have been unable to find anything..

I do appreciate your time, and let me know if you have any insight on how to fix this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card