Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Aironet 1602i Standalone - Only works with controller?

Hello everyone,

I have a Cisco Aironet 1602i Standalone - wireless access point ( AIR-SAP1602I-A-K9 ). Not to be mistaken with the controller based AP (

AIR-CAP1602I-A-K9)

I bought this one in particular so that I wouldn't need a "Controller."

So my question is: Do I need a controller to connect the AP to the network? All I want to do is connect the AP via it's Eithernet port into a switch. This switch will have the network/Internet running through it.

As far as I have gone is being able to access the Web GUI to give the SSID a name. But the SSID is not showing up on my wireless devices!! I have a feeling this controller in question has something to do with it.

BUT WHY DOES IT NEED A CONTROLLER WHEN I ASKED FOR STAND ALONE?

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Dan

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You need to look at various guides to understand the configuration.  It's not as simple as some home routers and can be confusing.  Here are some guides:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16087

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes,

you need a controller to connect the AP to the  network  even if you want  to do is connect the AP via it's Eithernet port into  a  switch. This  switch will have the network/Internet running through   it.

Views
Helpful
Replies