Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco Aironet 1620, keeps dropping wifi connection to MAC OS X laptop

Hello, I have a brand new cisco aironet 1620 it keeps dropping wifi connection to a mac which is literally 25 feet away, the cisco is mounted on wall above so good area center of office. Using the leasted congested channel too, and I have 5GHZ disabled using 2.4ghz but connections just keep deauthing every few minutes and slow too. Internet bandwidth is 35Mbps/5Mbps.

attached is config & log.

I'm stuck, first time I have experienced this with an aironet...

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco Aironet 1620, keeps dropping wifi connection to MAC OS

Remove this command:

infrastructure-ssid optional

See if that helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

Cisco Aironet 1620, keeps dropping wifi connection to MAC OS X l

I tried that, made no difference.

This deauth is so random, there could be a day no issue and it is fast, and another day dropping every minute and slow.

Possible bad access point? What is your take on this Scott or anyone from Cisco.

John

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Cisco Aironet 1620, keeps dropping wifi connection to MAC OS X l

Can it be a bad ap.... i don't think it is.  you can RMA it if you want, but it may or may not fix your issue.  Things like this require onsite troubleshooting to actually see what is happening.  Can they still ping their gateway, if the ping their gateway and an external address, do you see a difference in the ping times?  Does this happen on 2.4ghz or only on 5ghz,  What specific clients is it happening to?  If you do a trace route, is the traffic taking the same path?  Is your WAN or switch being oversubscribed.  There are many things that you need to identify so you can isolate the issue.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content