cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA Card (ext. ant.) & ACU Troubles

ritarita46
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is, if the card is inserted in the slot and the acu software v.6.6 (or older) is installed, the card is via the ACU software not able to associate to a cisco accesspoint.

How can I solve this problem?

I 've tried several ways with win 2000, win xp with and without centrino chipset. It is always the same.

At an older CB21 card with the ADU software on the same hardware are no problems

4 Replies 4

kcreamer
Level 1
Level 1

First thing is to simplify your challenge. Do you have an antenna attached? Are you using the MMCX adapter connection for the antenna, Adapter cables for Orinoco cards are different and won't work.

Can you configure the 350 card via ACU? if so, does its encyrption settings/security match the AP. Can you connect to any other APs via the 350 card? Go to a WiFi hotspot and test your system and card there to see if you can attach to a Linksys or other off-brand AP?

Make sure you know the wireless security settings on the AP and match them on your wireless adapter cards. Can you connect with the access point wirelessly with any other wireless cards? If yes, can you connect the 350 to the AP using the Win XP wireless settings and not the ACU? One tip is to make sure the security settings on both card and AP are turned off, make the connection, then tighten security and encyrption back down.

Good Luck

Kelley

Hallo Kelley,

thank you for your answer.

1. The MMCX is present

2. I can't config the card with the ACU

3. There is no encryption

4. To other APs it's the same (german AVM AP)

5. The access with other cards and other or the cisco APs is correct.

6. I tried to use the windows setting, the same problem.

7. I have tested with two notebooks, with real naked XP installations, w/o trouble and conflicts to other cards. But there is no way.

I know that I have the problem with two 350 cards, both I have tested. All is al little bit crazy.

I suggest the card driver update and the firmware at the ACU software installation is not the right thing?

I would only know, if there are some people having the same "experiences".

1. Install the Cisco card in the PCMCIA slot.

2. Use device manager to confirm that the computer sees the Cisco card, then delete the card from device manager and remove the card from the computer.

3. Uninstall Cisco ACU and re-install the latest ACU version you can download; ACU ver 6.5 is one of the latest versions.

4. Now plug the 350 card into the computer and see if the computer loads and configures the card.

5. If it doesn't, try the other Cisco card.....if neither card loads and can be selected as the primary wireless network connection, the cards may both be bad. Let someone else test the cards with a computer that functions with Cisco 350 cards to make sure the cards are not broken.

Good luck!

Kelley

Hi Kelley,

thank you for your message, but I think the adapter is broken. I tried both adapters and it's the same. I can't believe this: What should I do?

ACU Software v.6.6 was the latest.

I put them in my trash.

have a nice week

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card