Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Aironet 520G series access point and IAS - Radius user authentication

Could someone provide cofiguration example  for using IAS User authentication  to gain access to wireless network  using AD authentication regardles whether preshare-keys are or are not configired.

Requirement came for using  Radius  to authenticate  Local LAN users againts Windows Active Directory. Currently I have a handfull of 520G models in  about 12 remote branches in their LAN, all branches  have MS AD  and RADIUS.  Right now  the encription used is WPA TKIP and company laptops running Windows XP are preshared-key pre-configured, now the issue is that as new company laptops  being deployed using  new OS Windows 7 the preshare key is visible to domain admin users.  We want to prevent that,   wander what could be a good solution , if anyone has face this scenario please share your solutions .

Regards

3 REPLIES

Re: Cisco Aironet 520G series access point and IAS - Radius use

Anyone has any suggestions?

Are you running them with a controller or IOS based?

The long and the short of it is you need to set up the radius/IAS server to act as authentication.

I've attached an editted script from an old rollout we did.

Hi ,  thanks for your answer..     the APs are running in ios , no controllers involved , unfortunatelly  no controllers support these models . I will give your suggestion a shot , thank you for the script example definately helps..   I guess will have to work with server folks to get  radius ias setup and  take it from there,  I had thought there would be some good link example but was not able to find one concrete .

regards

Views
Helpful
Replies