Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CISCO aironet

hi 

i have 5 stars hotel and they need to install cisco aironet because they need cisco wireless IP phone (voip vlan) 

but all the guest room and access points connected to edge switch (cisco 2960 layer 2) and all the edge switches connected to the cisco layer 3 switch and the wireless controller also connected to the layer 3 switch 

so the question is there is any problems if the access points connected to layer 2 switches as you can show it in the attachment file 

so please any one can help me 

thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Rashad, There should be no

Rashad,

There should be no issues with connecting the Access Points to the Layer 2 switches.  Just so your wireless controller is not a module in a Catalyst 3850, you should be OK.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Bronze

Hello, rashad.exe.Charles is

Hello, rashad.exe.

Charles is correct, there should be no issues on connecting your access points to a Layer 2 switch. Are you planning on using a Wireless LAN controller for centralized management and meshed wireless?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Rashad, There should be no

Rashad,

There should be no issues with connecting the Access Points to the Layer 2 switches.  Just so your wireless controller is not a module in a Catalyst 3850, you should be OK.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Hi Charles thanks for your

Hi Charles 

thanks for your answer it's enough for my case 

have nice day 

thanks 

Bronze

Hello, rashad.exe.Charles is

Hello, rashad.exe.

Charles is correct, there should be no issues on connecting your access points to a Layer 2 switch. Are you planning on using a Wireless LAN controller for centralized management and meshed wireless?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

hi adawa i have cisco AIR

hi adawa 

i have cisco AIR-CT2504-50-K9  controller 

and it's enough  

thanks for your answer.

hint: i have major case about IPTV in my network i will send it to your Email adawa@cisco.com

please answer me 

thanks for your response 

have nice day 

Views
Helpful
Replies