Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco AP Group Nugget

I have learned so much from NETPROs and wanted to give back. In January I started a website where i will be posting nuggets.

Here is my second one ... I hope someone is able to learn from it!

http://www.my80211.com/cisco-labs/2009/3/23/cisco-ap-group-nugget.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Cisco AP Group Nugget

Thanks, this was very interesting. I knew about AP Groups, but maily for broadcasting different SSIDs on specific APs, not for splitting the net - this will be very helpful in the future.

One question though, in a multi-controller environment I can just add the APs to group, that are connected to the actual controller. When the AP joins another controller (eg, one controller is offline) the APs will be in the default group on that controller (I think). How can I handle this differently?

1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: Cisco AP Group Nugget

Thanks, this was very interesting. I knew about AP Groups, but maily for broadcasting different SSIDs on specific APs, not for splitting the net - this will be very helpful in the future.

One question though, in a multi-controller environment I can just add the APs to group, that are connected to the actual controller. When the AP joins another controller (eg, one controller is offline) the APs will be in the default group on that controller (I think). How can I handle this differently?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content