Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP not broadcasting SSID

fgasimzade
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone!

We have configired a virtual WLC with demo license for 200 AP (60 days)

Our 2602 AP has joined the controller but it is not broadcasting SSIDs even though the WLAN status is enabled and Broadcast SSID is checked

ANy suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your AP should be in "FlexConnect" mode in order to work with vWLC. Change your AP mode to FlexConnect & see.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe the radios of the particular AP is not enabled?  Maybe the radios have faulted and went into "reset".

The SSID you've created, did you put in in an AP Group?

Your AP should be in "FlexConnect" mode in order to work with vWLC. Change your AP mode to FlexConnect & see.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thank you!

How can I do that?

Once you go to vWLC GUI wireless tab & select your Access point. Then in the General tab, you can change the AP mode from Local to FlexConnect.

Step No 20 in Startup with vWLC section in given guide below (for vWLC 7.3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12723/products_tech_note09186a0080bd2d04.shtml

If you are using any other vWLC versions you can find the config guides from here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12723/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

You may need to configure your AP connected switch port as trunk port & make AP management interface vlan as native vlan on that trunk as well

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thank you, I have already done that.

The problem now is that we had 2 SSIDs, I configured one of them with FlexConnect, and could finaly make broadcast

Did the same things with the second SSID, and it is still not broadcasting.

Sorry, I forgot to add the WLAN to the group

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for rating as well

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

If you need the AP in the Mesh mode, you still can use AP Mode: Flex+Bridge. And for that, you need to make two more changes in vWLC for it to broadcast 5GHz. 

1. Wireless > Mesh > tick Backhaul Client Access (it is untick by default)

2. Wireless > click into each AP > FlexConnect tab > tick Install mapping on radio backhaul

With that you should be able to broadcast the AP in 5GHz. Just don't forget you need to make sure the WLAN is on Radio Policy : All or 802.11.a/g only

One of the blessed comment of this year, thanks a ton............

It is done through Wireless>All Aps>(select AP)>General>Ap mode>select flexconnect> and reload the AP.

It will definitely work if you have the vWLC

Thanks Sir .I fixed ok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card