Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco APs get disconnected from cisco WLC after 30 min when connected on Juniper SRX

Hi,

I am connecting all my Cisco 1131AG APs via Juniper SRX 240 box and Cisco WLC is placed in the LAN.

We are running LWAPP in layer 3 mode. The APs get dissassociated form the WLC after 30 min.

The Setup is like :-

AP->AccessSwitch-->JuniperSRX(reth2.0)-->JuniperSRX(reth1.0)-->CoreSwitch-->CiscoWLC

could anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco APs get disconnected from cisco WLC after 30 min when

If it was me, I would place an AP on the core switch and see if you have the same issue.  Try to eliminate things slowly and you might find what might cause it.  If you have an issue with lwapp or capwap connection and the AP ends up going through a discovery, then you can also try to configure one AP in h-reap and see if client connections are stable.  Setting the AP in h-reap, you don't have to have a constant connection to the WLC and this might be a work around in your situation.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

when the APs are connected on the core switch it runs perfectly fine.

and when it is connected via Juniper it disconnects after 30 min , during those 30 mins it runs fine , the clients are able to connect and access. after 30 min the APs are disassociated  and we need to reset the ap-manager interface , after that the APs are again associated for 30 mins....

Hall of Fame Super Blue

More info please.

What firmware are you using?

What are the logs on the WLC and the AP during the disconnection?

Community Member

Firmware for WLC is AIR-WLC4400-K9-4-2-99-0

Firmware for AP is 12.4(10b)JA1

The logs form WLC during disconnection :-

Mon Sep 6 20:05:52 2010 AP Disassociated. Base Radio MAC:00:1f:ca:2d:4e:a0
1 Mon Sep 6 20:05:52 2010 AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:00:1f:ca:2d:4e:a0 Cause=Heartbeat Timeout
2 Mon Sep 6 20:05:51 2010 AP Disassociated. Base Radio MAC:00:1f:9e:c1:0d:30
3 Mon Sep 6 20:05:51 2010 AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:00:1f:9e:c1:0d:30 Cause=Heartbeat Timeout

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You might also want to post your issue on the J-Net community.  They should have more insight regarding your infrastructure setup and what might be causing the disconnection.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content