Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Controller 2504 HREAP is not showing

jitesh.mahajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having Cisco Controller 2504, when i am register remote AP's (3521) on controller, AP is register, but in AP settings and WLAN setting H-REAP mode is not showing.

Please help on this.

Regards,

Jitesh.

8 Replies 8

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of WLC code are you running?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reply.

Controller code is 7.5.102.0

also suggest can AP 3521 is support H-REAP mode.

Regards,

Jitesh Mahajan.

Did you check whether "FlexConnect" mode is available ? H-REAP was renamed as "FlexConnect" since 7.2.x onwards. Once you convert it as FlexConnect AP you should able to see a "FlexConnect" tab under AP configuration.

I hope your AP model is 3502 (may be 3521 is typo ?)

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi,

Thanks Rasika.

Yes FlexConnect Mode is their. If i am Convert AP to FlexConnect then can I need to Configure remote Site VLAN ID in Controller to allow or MAP the Specific SSID to particular Remote Site VLAN Range. Is it possible.

Regards,

Jitesh.

Yes, once you convert AP to FlexConnect & your WLAN is configured for FlexConnect Local switching, then you should be able to map vlans under AP configuration (FlexConnect tab)

Here is a configuration example which should help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/98646/wireless-lan-flexconnect-configuration-example

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi,

Thanks Rasika.

Yes, I will do this activity, but in my controller i am having 11 AP's register. From that 5 is remote site and 6 is local AP's. If i am convert 5 AP's to FlexConnect is their any impact is happening to rest 6 local AP's. And in my two sites the three VLAN ID is same but IP range is different, so when configuring the WLAN on Controller the VLAN ID will create problem or not.

Thanks Rasika your help is really appreciated for me.

Regards,

Jitesh Mahajan.

No, there is no impact to local mode AP.

Local Switching feature of WLAN only applicable to FlexConnect APs.

No it will not create any conflict as you configure these vlan mapping only on FlexConnect APs & those vlan traffic will terminate on branch switch.

Go through the given config example & see how it goes. If any confusion drop a line here.

Please use the rating system if given responses are useful.

HTH

Rasika

Thanks Rasika.

i will do this activity and get back to you.

once again thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Jitesh Mahajan.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card