Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco HREAP/Flexconnect Options

Hello guys,

I have a question about Flexconnect. I have a WLC 2504 and planned to deploy several more APs to branch office. Should I used the Flexconnect VLAN support or Office Extend. Based on my understanding, the OEAP is used for home users who wants to connect to their HQ; and Flexconnect VLAN support is used for somthing like in a WAN link. Kind of like hub and spoke.

If I'm right, in my case, for branch offices, I need to use Flexconnect VLAN support.

What do you guys used for your branch offices?

What about for warehouses, It is going to be for typical internet access and support for warehouse wireless scanners, etc? Should I install a dedicated 2504 controller or should I use Flexconnect and connect the warehouse APs to my 2504 WLC?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

I have seen it both ways and my current clients wants to have redundant WLC's in their manufacturing locations.  FlexConnect is not a bad design, it comes down to features that local mode AP's have over limitations to FlexConnect.  In your case, it doesn't seem like FlexConnect will be an issue.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

Since I have a 2504 WLC, what would be a good practice for manufacturing location deployment? It is probably going to be 20 APs, but I still need to do a manual site survey.

Should I go with Flexconnect or dedicated WLC?

I am not too sure if I go with Flexconnect, it my 2504 would be able to handle additional 20 flexconnects AP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content