Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime and WLC audit

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there an automated way to perform audit of Wlc from the Cisco Prime Infrastructure GUI? I use to go to Monitor->Controller, then check the box near one of the managed wlc, finally choosing 'Audit Now' on the top menu. It works fine, but when you have multiple wlcs, such operation takes a long time. I would like to retain the configuration which is on the wlc instead of the one on the PI database too.

Do you know if there is a better way to perform the audit?

Thanks

Théophile

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I make my changes through the WLC's anyways to be honest. If you change the look of Prime to the default theme, then you can go view the controllers and there is where you have the drop swim to refresh the config from the WLC. Take a look at this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.2/configuration/guide/ctrlcfg.html#wp1075701

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I never seen a template or any other way for this.

You must do it manually for each WLC as per my knowledge.

Cisco recomamnd to change anything on config must be done on PI side not on WLC side.

Reagrds

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you looked at the background task to see if there is an audit there? Are you really wanting to audit or just refresh the config from the WLC? If you do hate getting the mismatch and dine have all the templates for each of the WLC's, the audit only reviews what's in the templates. Refresh the config from the WLC is the easiest way as you can select all of your WLC and perform this task.

-Scott

You're right, I just want to refresh the config from the controller. I know the config always has to be done from PI and not from the WLCs but I have bad habbit and I need to change that! For me, I thought that making the audit was the only way to refresh wlc's config. Could you please let me know how to do the refresh easily?

Many thanks

I make my changes through the WLC's anyways to be honest. If you change the look of Prime to the default theme, then you can go view the controllers and there is where you have the drop swim to refresh the config from the WLC. Take a look at this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.2/configuration/guide/ctrlcfg.html#wp1075701

-Scott

You're absolutely right, I've never seen this entry in the menu, need to open my eyes! It's exactly what I was searching for.

Many thanks, and have a nice day

Haha... I always use it because I configure the WLC's and make changes from the WLC's unless I have a lot of WLC's and trust that PI will push the config properly. I always end up using that because I get sick of looking at the mismatch.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: