Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Cisco Prime AP Location change in the MAPs

Hi All,

I have a client with Cisco Prime + around 100 school Maps and we are in the process of re-positioning some of these APs due to coverage issues and bad design with AP locations.

Most of the APs were placed in hallways due to which they are not getting optimal coverage and bandwidth in class rooms.

Thus, we are conducting Survey in each school to determine the exact AP locations.

Now, my question is: Can we change the AP location in the Cisco Prime Maps to the proposed location, before physically moving the AP from current location to the proposed location? Will it effect the current live Wireless network (Such as AP radio reset, change in the power given to APs etc).

If we change the AP location in Cisco Prime virtual MAPs, will the TPC & DCA kicks in?

Thanks,

CJ

2 REPLIES

the changes you make to the AP positioning in PI will not affect the WLC.

But be advised that when you use PI, it polls the AP's for how it hears the neighboring AP's.  so when you move the AP's to the predicted positons, you'll see skewed information, until the actual AP's are moved and RRM can run

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the quickest reply Stephen,

We will be sharing the proposed AP locations to the AP installation vendor, so that they will reposition the APs in the next two days.

The idea behind repositioning the APs in PI before physically relocation the APs; is the complete the tasks (Site-Survey and AP relocation in PI) for 4 schools within the same Week, so that we move on to the next set of schools in the next week. My colleagues can do the PI job remotely, so that I can concentrate on the Survey and Reporting.

Thanks,

CJ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content