Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cisco Prime SSID/WLAN Configuration Template

Hi All,

Question: Is there a Cisco Prime Template that I can use to modify SSID : Advanced cofig parameters for multiple controllers?

We have a Cisco Prime 1.3 with more than 200 controller added to it. 

In each WLC, I have configure 4 WLANs/SSIDs. WLAN1 & WLAN2 will be authenticated by ISE.

WLAN3 & WLAN4 will be authenticated by controller using Layer 3 Security --> Passthrough. 

I am changing the WLAN --> SSID --> Advanced --> Session Timeout & Client User Idle Timeout (15-100000) to make sure that users will not be given a web redirect once they login for a period of 12 hours.

My question is: Is there a way that I can change Session Timeout & Client User Idle Timeout values for all Controllers using Cisco Prime "Controller Template Launch Pad" --> WLANs --> WLAN Configuration ?

I tried using the above template, but there is no Client User Idle Timeout option and also I'm not sure whether this template will add/change options in the existing Controller or will it create a new WLAN all together.

Thanks,

CJ

3 REPLIES

no, there is not a single

no, there is not a single template you can use at that level to configure both the WLAN and the User Idle timer.

One is a WLAN setting, the other is a Controller General Setting.

Now that being said, you could use a CLI template to push both changes, so long as you remember to disable and then reenable the WLAN before/after the Session timeout commands.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

Thanks Steve,Will the

Thanks Steve,

Will the following CLI config sufficient ? 

WLAN5 & WLAN6:

config wlan disable 5
config wlan session-timeout 5 43200
config wlan usertimeout 43000 5
config wlan enable 5

config wlan disable 6
config wlan session-timeout 6 43200
config wlan usertimeout 43000 6
config wlan enable 6

That should work, your syntax

That should work, your syntax is correct for each setting.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content