Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SAP2602e with Motorola scannersystem

Hi,

Since 1242 went EOS we've moved to SAP2602e, but we are facing a problem with this and Motorola MK4000 and MC17 barcode scanner system. At the moment we are mainly focusing on the MK4000. It keeps loosing its connection to the WiFi at times that look random. We see that we loose ping to them. But I can still see it in show dot11 association and it keeps updating the Activity timer until it reboots and then gets network connection again.

We are running on 2.4GHz, have tired changeing power level, channel, long and short preamble, turned off .11b and .11n.

I am not sure what else to try. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Philip

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Philip,

I would try to keep the config as close as possible to the original 1242. This will help identify what might be wrong.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post your show run-config if you don't mid so we can look at it and give some suggestions. It would be nice to also see the 1242 config that worked so we can compare.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I attached the config in the original post.

Pvilhelmsson,

Did you ever figure out this problem?  We've been chasing a Moto scan gun issue as well.  

Hi,

We converted them to CAPWAP (7.4.110) and moved to 5GHz. It has been running fine for months.

Regards,

Philip

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What antenna is your AP using?

AIR-ANT2524DW-R

And how many of these antennas are installed (per AP)?

We are using 4 per AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card