Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Spectrum Expert and CleanAir access point does not display active devices?

Hi,

First of, Happy New Year!

And now to my question..

Is it correct that when I am connecting Spectrum Expert to a CleanAir capable access point (have tried 2600 and 3600 series), it does not display the active devices? It only display "Wating for devices..." in the left pane. (And yes, there are plenty of devices it should discover, such as other access points, microwaves etc.)

The other functionality appears to work fine, it displays the various RF charts (such as Realtime FFT, FFT Duty Cycle etc).

I've changed the modes of the access points to SE-Connect and monitor (from local), but it does not make any difference.

Is this a feature that only works with a locally connected sensor (e.g. wireless card)?

BR,

Micael

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cisco Spectrum Expert and CleanAir access point does not display

Micael,

The only band that normally has JUNK (devices) is the 2.4.  The 5.x is usually empty, maybe a radar.

In remote mode you notice the "Wireless LAN Card Not Detected" flag on the status bar..

There is no packet data available from the remote device.  So there are no values available to populate the:

Wi-Fi Present, In-Network APs, Known APs, Unknown APs and Interferers.

The SAGE chip does not decode any received RF and the data side of the AP gets shut down in the SE-connect mode.

Cisco does not otherwise redirect the data to the SE app. as the data normally lives within the DTLS tunnel between the AP and the WLC.

Happy New Year,

Hope this helps a bit.

David

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

When you have a Clean-Air access point in SE-Connect mode, you should see the devices on the left hand side as if you were to use the spectrum analyzer on a laptop.  I have used this in the past and devices do show up, so I don't know why you can't see any devices.  Typically it takes a few seconds to obtain some data.  Just so you can see what is being shown, instead of me doing screen shots, here is a video of SE-Connect mode and you can see on the left that devices are indeed showing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m9tYdt17pM

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I checked the video and then connected to one of ours 2602i access points, which I had set to SE-connect.

But still no luck, it says "waiting for devices...", and more interestingly, in the Channel Summary tab, all the Interference,SNR, In-Network APs etc columns are blank (N/A or 0), except for the AirQuality and Channel utilization which displays some (correct?) values.

That makes me wonder if there're any setting in the controller that I've overlooked regarding to CleanAir..

Any thoughts?

BR,

Micael

Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Spectrum Expert and CleanAir access point does not dis

What is the code on wlc.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

We're running 7.4.100.60 on our controllers (will be upgraded to 7.4.110.0 this week).

Micael,

The only band that normally has JUNK (devices) is the 2.4.  The 5.x is usually empty, maybe a radar.

In remote mode you notice the "Wireless LAN Card Not Detected" flag on the status bar..

There is no packet data available from the remote device.  So there are no values available to populate the:

Wi-Fi Present, In-Network APs, Known APs, Unknown APs and Interferers.

The SAGE chip does not decode any received RF and the data side of the AP gets shut down in the SE-connect mode.

Cisco does not otherwise redirect the data to the SE app. as the data normally lives within the DTLS tunnel between the AP and the WLC.

Happy New Year,

Hope this helps a bit.

David

Thanks David,

It makes sense now when you explained it like that.

BR,

Micael

Hi All,

Hi All,

I would like to add an additional question to this topic, as I have a similar situation.

I'm using Spectrum Expert v4.1.11 with a autonomous 3602i AP configured for SE-connect.

In the 5GHz I only have "waiting for devices", however in 2.4GHz I have some bluetooth and 802.11FH.

So in this setup it is not possible to show WiFi AP's under the devices, or are the AP's wrongly detected as 802.11FH? (as I believe that there are no 802.11FH devices in this area)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content