Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco unified wireless network question

Hi

I wonder if someone could help me with the following querry.

We have deployed a Cisco Unified wireless network for accessing the LAN (we use manyy VLANs). This uses a Cisco 5500 series wireless controller and several LWAP connected to different Cisco switches.

Currently, we access the internet by connecting directly to the broadband router (similar to the home connections) and I am looking into using the wireless infrastructure to allow access to the internet wirelessly. Comon sense says that I could just connect the broadband router to the Cisco controller and then configure an interface and a WLAN and I should be able to pick up the SSID.

Would this work or do I need to connect the brodband router to the LAN using a VLAN?

Thanks for your help.

Raoul.

3 REPLIES

Hi Raoul,

Connecting the broadband router to the LAN using a VLAN will be better solution. You may chose this VLAN not to routed in your internal network for added security

Thanks

NikhiL

Thanks for the reply Nikhil. I have another question please.

The switch port that the broadband router connects to, does it have to be an access port on the new vlan or a trunk port?

Thanks

Raoul

Hi Raoul,

If there is only gateway in the broadband router, you can put the port in acess vlan

Thanks

NikhiL

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content