cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco website software download disappeared

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a known problem with the Cisco software download website? I was looking to download the NBAR protocol pack for the WiSM2 but it's no longer listed as an option (WiSM is there but obviously of no use to me). I can get it for my 5508 controllers but not the WiSM2...

I assume that I am searching correctly as I downloaded the 7.6.120.0 software only last week.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The WiSM2 software download page is still there:

Downloads Home > Products Cisco Interfaces and Modules > Cisco Services Modules > Cisco Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2) > Wireless Services Modules (WiSM) Software-7.6.120.0

They just haven't coded the metadata for the NBAR2 protocol pack properly so that it also appears there.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's just not showing up under the WISM2 page. If you go under the 5508 downloads page the latest NBAR2 Protocol Pack is listed there:

"NBAR2 Advanced Protocol Pack 6.4.0 for AireOS 7.6: NBAR2 Engine 13  (pp-AIR-7.6-13-6.4.0.pack)"

If you click on the Release notes for that pack, they indicate:

NBAR2 Protocol Pack 6.4.0 is supported on the following Cisco Wireless LAN Controller platforms:

•  Cisco 5508 Wireless Controller

•  Cisco Flex 7500 Series Wireless Controllers

•  Cisco 8510 Wireless Controller

•  Cisco Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2)

I have downloaded it but wasn't sure if it would install on the WiSM2.

When in doubt, I consult the release notes.

They're generally the most accurate source of information among the Cisco sources.

There's still the problem that the option for WiSM2 seems to have disappeared for any software downloads...

That's going to be a major issue going forward unless it's fixed.

The WiSM2 software download page is still there:

Downloads Home > Products Cisco Interfaces and Modules > Cisco Services Modules > Cisco Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2) > Wireless Services Modules (WiSM) Software-7.6.120.0

They just haven't coded the metadata for the NBAR2 protocol pack properly so that it also appears there.

It used to be visible under the wireless - wireless lan controller - integrated controllers and controller modules section but it no longer appears. 

Thanks for letting me know the location Marvin! I was sweating a bit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card